Your brain plays a extraordinary role in carrying out everyday tasks. A individual’s ability to react, understand, recognize and function well is related to the health of your brain.
Every day after you wake up, the health of your body sets the tone for the day. Any illness in the body can put a constraint on your zeal and become a obstruction in performing daily tasks. Most of us do not realize that like every other organ in the body, the brain needs nourishment and energy every day. Many yoga asanas can help you stay physically healthy, but that’s not the only requirement for holistic well-being. Your mental health is equally crucial.
Just as exercising keeps the body in good shape, brain exercises do the same for the intellect powerhouse. Asanas, in particular, aid in the better functioning of the human body.
Asanas and pranayama for an efficient brain
Yoga is a knowledge that harnesses the innate capability of the body to improve its powers and performance. It can act as an instant cognitive boost. It helps relieve stress, which enhances the operation of the brain. Super brain yoga is a series of simple yoga poses that are becoming all the time more popular among professionals and educators.
Here are some pranayamas and yoga asanas for a more efficient brain:
- How to do Super Brain Yoga
- Stand tall and straight with your arms by your side.
- Lift your left arm and hold your right earlobe with your thumb and index finger. Your thumb should be in front.
- Lift your right arm and grip your left earlobe. Your right arm should be over your left arm.
- Inhale deeply and squat down slowly to a sitting position.
- Stay in this position for 2-3 seconds.
- Gently exhale as you rise again. This completes one cycle.
- You may repeat this cycle about 15 times every day.
Super Brain Yoga For You
Super Brain Yoga activates acupuncture points on the earlobe that stimulate your gray matter. This exercise helps your brain by:
- Synchronizing left and right side of the brain.
- Distributing energy levels and inducing calmness.
- Stimulating thinking capacity.
- Increasing mental energy.
- Making you more creative.
- Developing cognitive powers.
- Improving focus, concentration and memory power.
- Boosting decision-making skills.
- Relieving stress or behavioral problems.
- Making you more psychologically balanced.
Meditation Is The Key
According to a 2011 study led by a team of Harvard-affiliated researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital, participating in an eight-week meditation program makes measurable changes in brain regions associated with memory, sense of self, empathy, and stress.
Meditation is linked with the thicker cerebral cortex and more gray matter. These are the parts of the brain linked to memory, attention span, decision-making, and wisdom. Thus, meditation is a means to increase brain power.
So, yoga asanas, super brain yoga, breathing, and meditation can all inspire your brain power. Spare some time every day and lead a smarter life!