The skin around the eyes is very fragile and thinner than other parts of the body. The veins in this area are closer to the skin’s surface sourcing a bluish or dark tint. Eyes become itchy due to anaphylaxis and iron deficiency. Various causes for dark circles include aging, insufficient sleep, stress, poor lifestyle, liver problems, hyper pigmentation, unhealthy diet (nutritional deficiency), skin dryness, hereditary factors, illnesses like sinus infection, seasonal allergies, and pregnancy.
It’s best to fight dark circles in whatever way possible! Perhaps it’s time to try these do-it-yourself remedies for dark under-eye circles!
Here are some natural home remedies which can help bring your eyes some relief –
- Pineapple mask: The pineapples, yes it is the best mask to reduce the dark circles. Take the pineapple juice and add turmeric powder which is also called as Haldi mix both and apply these paste under your eyes and wash your face after 30 minutes.
- Milk and baking soda: Milk is also very useful in reducing the dark circle. Take 4 tablespoons of milk and 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Mix them properly and make a paste and then put this mixture into the fridge and after sometimes when this paste turn chilled then apply this on your face for about 20-25 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
- Rose Water Mask: This best works for tired eyes. A cotton pad drenched in pure rose water when placed upon the eyes for a period of 15 minutes induces a soothing effect and relaxes the eyes. It may also reduce eye puffiness.
- Tea Bags: Tea bags such as green tea, black tea and various other herbal teas are a great remedy for dark and heavy eyes. Put some used tea bags in the refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes. Then damp the tea bags on your eyes for 10-15 minutes. This is one of the best home remedies to remove the swelling and darkness around your eyes.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are high in lycopene, a substance that’s excellent for your cardiovascular health, vision and your skin. Lycopene can help create softer, more supple skin, as well as decrease the appearance of dark undereye circles. To gain the medical benefits of the lycopene found in tomatoes, mix equal parts tomato juice with lemon juice and then use a cotton ball or makeup remover pad to apply it to your undereye area. (Again, PLEASE do not get lemon juice in your eyes.) Leave the solution for 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water, twice daily. A tasty concoction of tomato juice, lemon juice and mint leaves to drink daily will also help improve your overall health as well as your skin.
- Coconut Mask: As the coconut oil is very useful for our skin and hairs as they have multi-purpose oil they also help to get rid of dark circles and tired eyes to reduce the dark circles simply massage the coconut oil under your eyes before going to the bed. To gains, the result faster uses the oil every day.
- Orange Juice: Since orange juice is high in both vitamin A and C content, it can help remove dark circles from under your eyes. Add a few drops of glycerin to orange juice and then soak a cotton makeup remover pad to apply to your undereye skin. You’ll reap the benefits of orange’s vitamins as well as the natural glow glycerin gives to your skin.
- Turmeric: As yet another powerful, natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, turmeric minimizes dark circles. Mix some turmeric powder with pineapple juice to create a thick paste. Apply this mixture to your undereye circles and leave for about 10 minutes before using a soft, warm and damp cloth to gently remove the paste. Practice this routine once a day.
- Cucumber Mask: It is the most commonly used soothing eye mask. Cucumber is well-known for its soothing and relaxing effect. Frequent application of this mask will make your eyes look completely re-energized and fresh. Grate the cucumber and let it chill in the refrigerator for half an hour, then spread it evenly around your eyes. After 30 minutes wash it off with cold water.