An allergen could be any harmless substance that become the reason for triggering any allergic reaction in the body. Allergic rhinitis is also termed as hay fever and this allergy can happen due to the change in the seasons.
Symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis
- Itchy Eyes
- Runny Nose
- Stuffy Nose
- Scratchy Throat
- Watery Eyes
- Frequent Headaches
- Excessive fatigue
- Dry and itchy ears
- Nasal Congestion and Stuffiness
- Loss of smell
What causes allergic rhinitis?
- Grass Pollen
- Dust Mites
- Cat Saliva
- Animal Dander
There are some external factors too that can trigger allergic rhinitis that are:
- Cold Temperatures
- Cigarette smoke
- Wood Smoke
- Air Pollution
- Hair Spray
To reduce the symptoms of allergy you need to maintain a good diet which has high-complex carbohydrate content in it.
Include these foods in your daily diet:
- Orange and deep yellow vegetables
- Gralic, onion, ginger, horseradish
- Nettles, carrots, beetroots, cabbage
- Dark Leafy and green vegetables
Eliminate the following foods
- Red Meat
- Bananas and Citrus fruits
- Alcohol, dairy products and caffeine
Herbal Remedies for Allergic Rhinitis
A highly effective and safe herb that is beneficial for the overall health as it soothes the digestive system and helps improves circulation in the body. It works as a natural antihistamine, it is also a immune booster and a potent antiviral agent. If you put some ginger in the tea, then it will help to alleviate the symptoms of headaches and nasal congestion.
When you are sipping your tea you should also inhale the steam that is coming out of the cup. You can also find ginger commercially in dried and fresh form or you can pair it with other herbs like turmeric which is also another natural healer.
These both are great sources of vitamin C as it can help lower the production of histamine which will help prevent sneezing. Some foods that are the most Vitamin c dense and you must consider eating them all for your benefit;
- Bell Peppers
- Brussels Sprouts
Ginger, Amla, Honey
Take 5gm of ginger and mix it with 1 spoon of amla juice now take a tablespoon of honey and add a little water to it. It will help boost the immunity of the body and then further it will act as a decongestant.
Turmeric, warm milk and black pepper
Mix one teaspoon of turmeric and black pepper in a glass of milk. Mix them all properly and drink it when the milk is lukewarm. Drink this twice daily in order too get complete relief from cold.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Even if you consume 1 spoon of apple cider vinegar everyday it will help you by boosting your immune system and that will not let any disease create problem for you.
How to drink it:
- Take a glass of warm water
- To it add 2 teaspoons of unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar
- Add 1 tsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp of honey to it. Stir the mixture
- You need to drink it thrice daily in order to enjoy its wonderful benefits
Diet and lifestyle advice
- Have freshly prepared and warm food
- Avoid junk and stale food
- Cover your nose in cold and dusty surroundings
- On feeling slight congestion, go for a inhalation treatment
- Cover yourself properly before going to sleep
- Avoid eating junk and stale food
- Avoid foods that like tomatoes, peppers, bananas, oranges, grapefruits
Try these Herbal Remedies for Allergic Rhinitis for getting relief from the problems.