HCL’s ‘iBelieve’, a career-focused program for women is designed to empower women through counseling sessions and classroom training. A fee-based training program that assures a starting salary of Rs. 2.58 lakhs for women who wish to work in IT.
The program is apt for women who are looking to make a comeback in the IT sector and invest in themselves. HCL assures that women who join the program will be re-skilled and trained on the latest technical and business skills so that they have can work in the demanding jobs of today. The duration and type of training will differ based on the varying experience levels of women who enroll for this program.
The idea here is to help women pick up their career from where they left off. The program has received an excellent response in India ever since it was launched on March 28, 2018. The lack of women representation in the IT industry has been a topic of discussion for years. Although the gender parity in Indian IT industry is much better than other countries, only a handful of women reach leadership positions.
Following are the details from the HCL’s iBelieve program:
- 3 months of pre-bridge program, focuses on computer fundamentals
- 3 months of CRT on programming concepts, problem solving and mini project
- 3 months of stream specific training
- 3 months of OJT – project specific
- 2 weeks of Technical Foundation Training
- 2.5 months of Stream-Specific Training with 2 assessments and lab tests
- 3 months of OJT-Project Specific training with continuous assessment and corrective measures
- 2 months of blended learning and Learning Lab.
- Formative assessments on ascertain capability and proficiency weakness and remedial coaching.
- 1 month of OJT-Project specific training
- Women with local address proof
- Education: Any
- Experience: IT/Non-IT Freshers / Currently employed in IT/Non-IT organization/Currently on a Career Break
Starting from Rs 2.58 lakh per annum basis experience and skill proficiency
Starting from Rs 100,000 depending upon the course that you are eligible for. HCL has formed institutional tie-ups to help women with bank loans.
The training program will be facilitated by HCL Training and Staffing Services (a subsidiary division of HCL Technologies). You can register for the program on the HCL TSS website.