The Y-o-Y analysis of hiring trend report TimesJobs RecruiteX indicates a positive momentum in October 2018. In September 2018, although the monthly talent demand saw a decline, the hiring sentiment has improved a lot in October 2018 and registered more than 30% growth.
Automobiles and Infrastructure sectors (with 8% growth each) generated most jobs; BFSI and IT/Telecom (6%) emerged as the second highest employment generators. Recruitment activities improved in the Retail sector, owing to the festive demand in October 2018. To meet the increased customer orders, there was a significant rise in talent demand in Logistics and Supply Chain Management professionals (20%) as well.
Among key locations, Ahmedabad posted the highest talent demand of 8% in October 2018. Bengaluru along with Lucknow, Pune, Indore, Chandigarh, and Hyderabad recorded a 3% growth in talent demand each. Chennai, Mumbai and Vadodara ranked third on the chart. In terms of experienced professionals, candidates with experience between 10-20 years were in most demand.
Ramathreya Krishnamurthi, Business Head, TimesJobs and TechGig said, “Looking at the hiring activity of the past three months, October 2018 has by far been the best so far. The ongoing festive season has seen a surge in talent demand especially for industries like Automobiles and Retail. Since e-commerce is witnessing a boom during this festival sale, there was an increase in the demand for Logistics and Supply Chain Management professionals. This is a certain confidence booster for the economy as well.’’
Top hiring industry:
- Automobiles & Infrastructure both registered 8% rise in hiring
- BFSI & IT/Telecom sectors both saw a 6% rise in talent demand
- Retail recorded a 5% jump in hiring activity
Top hiring job roles:
- Quality and Process Control professionals reported an overall rise of 20% in demand
- The demand for Logistics and Supply Chain Management professionals saw a 16% rise
- Marketing & Advertising profiles saw a 14% rise in demand
Top hiring cities:
- Among the top ten locations, Ahmedabad reported an 8% rise in demand
- Bengaluru posted a 3% rise in talent demand
- Chennai saw a 2% rise in talent demand during October 2018