As per Monthly Oil Market Report published by OPEC, 2019, country’s oil demand will rise by 3.21 per cent to 4.88 million barrels per day (mb/d) in 2019 from 4.73 mb/d during the previous year. As per Monthly Oil Market Report published by OPEC in September, 2019, India’s oil demand will further rise to 5.05 mb/d by 2020 (3.36% year on year), outpacing China’s oil demand growth (2.37%).
The oil conservation measures to be taken at the end-users level, inter-alia, includes:
- Reducing energy consumption through introduction of standard and labeling program for equipments using petro-based fuels such as Domestic LPG Stoves, Diesel Irrigation Pump Sets & Diesel Generator Sets.
- Training of drivers and organization of transport workshops
- Sensitizing farmers on petroleum conservation through KisanMelas, agriculture workshops etc.
- Carrying out energy audits
- Educating housewives on efficient use of domestic LPG
- Mass awareness activities through Saksham Campaigns, Social Media campaigns, campaigns on TV, Radio & Newspapers, literature, Exhibitions etc.
This Information was given by the Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha.