Pittsburgh, United States: According to a 2016 PwC CEO Survey, CEOs are seeking to better measure the impact and value of innovation for their key stakeholders. Companies are addressing these challenges by gaining better insight into business processes.
The CMMI Institute is addressing how investing in business and process improvement builds capability at their annual Capability Counts Conference on 16 & 17 May 2017 in Alexandria, VA, just outside of Washington, DC. The conference will feature the latest market trends and success stories on how to streamline business processes and create a culture of continuous improvement.
The conference will offer a series of collaborative workshops, engaging keynotes, and interactive panel discussions focused on delivering actionable insights on what it means to be a capable organization. Hundreds of professionals dedicated to performance and capability improvement from an array of backgrounds, countries, and experiences are expected to attend.
According to a 2016 Boston Consulting Group article, companies often focus too much on the finish line and not enough on capabilities, the muscles they need to build and strengthen in order to get and—most importantly—to stay ahead.
“If you want to compete, you have to improve performance. If you want to improve performance, you have to increase capability. If you want to increase capability, you have to attend this conference,” states Michael West, Program Chair and Founder and President of Natural SPI.
Capability Counts 2017 will offer six tracks, providing best practices and solutions for professionals of all levels who are responsible for elevating performance in their organization. Additionally, half-day tutorials, the 2nd Annual Capability Challenge, and private coaching sessions add value to the conference experience. Attendees can customize their two-day schedule by selecting sessions from six tracks:
- CMMI On Board – This track is for those already on their capability journey and features case studies from organizations who have delivered successful products or projects while using CMMI.
- Advancing Your Capability – This track is for those with advanced skills in capability management and improvement. It will focus on how organizations leverage their capability, outpace the competition, and demonstrate best practices.
- CMMI Appraisals – This track features experienced professionals who will share their knowledge and help individuals and their organizations start their CMMI journey and how to plan and conduct high-value CMMI appraisals. This track is for those planning their first appraisal or in the process of getting a reappraisal.
- CMMI Adoption by Industry – This track features presentations on CMMI adoption and capability improvement across industry sectors (e.g. Aerospace and Defense, Banking and Finance, IT, and Research, etc.).
- Total Solution – This track features presentations with CMMI adoption and implementation with other models, standards, bodies of knowledge, and methods (e.g. ISO-based standards, agile, PMBoK®, and ITIL).
- Discipline-Focused Capability – This track is focused on professional discipline adoption of CMMI (e.g. Software development and agile, process design and development, program and project management, and workforce development and training).
To get professionals ready for the conference, the second annual webinar series, The Capability Challenge, is kicking off in December 2016. The Capability Challenge is a competition that features compelling stories of organizations building capability and improving performance. This webinar series will be held from December to April 2017 featuring the Capability Challenge participants telling their business success stories. The finals will be held at the Capability Counts 2017 conference in May and the Capability Challenge Champion will be announced in front of all conference attendees. AEGIS.netwon the first ever Capability Challenge and was honored at the 2016 conference. CMMI Institute recognized AEGIS’s achievement with a video of their CMMI success story, “Building a More Powerful Business Through CMMI”.
TOP BUSINESS NEWS OF THE WEEK
- Saunders & Associates Launches New Website Specifically Designed for the Luxury Real Estate Consumer
Note: If you are reading this news in Mobile app or News app, click on “READ SOURCE”/”VIEW SOURCE
(This story has not been edited by Business Sandesh Group and is published from a syndicated feed.)