Coconut oil has numerous benefits such as skin care, hair care, weight loss, treating yeast infections, enhancing digestion and immunity next to host of infections and diseases. The oil is used not just in tropical nations, where coconut plantations are rich, but also in the US and the UK. People are discovering the wonders this oil can create and it is once more gaining popularity throughout the world.
Here are some Health benefits of Coconut Oil:
- Digestion: It helps to enhance the digestive system and thus prevents numerous stomach and digestion-related problems counting irritable bowel syndrome. The saturated fats present in coconut oil have antimicrobial properties and help in dealing with different bacteria, fungi, and parasites that can cause indigestion. It also helps in the amalgamation of other nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
- Skin care: Coconut oil is brilliant massage oil that acts as an effectual moisturizer on all types of skin, counting dry skin. There are not any adverse side effects on the skin from the application of coconut oil. So, it is a safe solution for preventing dryness and flaking of skin. It also delays the facade of wrinkles and sagging of skin, which usually accompany aging. It helps in preventing degenerative diseases like premature aging due to its well-known antioxidant properties. It also helps in treating different skin problems, counting psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections.
- Dental care: Calcium is a significant component of our teeth. Since coconut oil facilitates absorption of calcium by the body, it helps in rising strong teeth. It also stops tooth decay.
- HIV and cancer: It is believed that coconut oil plays an instrumental role in dropping viral susceptibility for HIV and cancer patients.
- Heart diseases: It is beneficial for heart. It contains approximately 50% lauric acid, which helps in aggressively preventing numerous heart problems like high cholesterol levels and elevated blood pressure. Coconut oil does not lead to augment in LDL levels, and it declines the incidence of injury and damage to arteries, and thus helps in preventing atherosclerosis.
- Weight loss: Coconut oil is very helpful for weight loss. It contains short and medium-chain fatty acids that help in taking off extreme weight. Study recommends that coconut oil helps in declining abdominal obesity in women. It is also easy to digest and it helps in healthy functioning of the thyroid and endocrine system. It enlarge the body’s metabolic rate by removing stress on the pancreas, thereby burning more energy and helping obese and overweight people lose weight.
- Hair care: Coconut oil helps in healthy growth of hair and gives your hair a shiny quality. It is also extremely efficient in lessening protein loss, which can lead to different unattractive or unhealthy qualities in your hair. It is used as hair care oil and is used in manufacturing various conditioners and dandruff relief creams. It is usually applied topically for hair care. Coconut oil is widely used in the Indian sub-continent for hair care. It is an outstanding conditioner and helps the re-growth process of damaged hair. It also provides the necessary proteins needed for nourishing and healing damaged hair. Research studies designate that coconut oil provides better protection to hair from damage caused by hygral fatigue.
- Stress relief: Coconut oil is very soothing and hence it helps in lessening stress. Applying it to the head, followed by a gentle massage, helps to eradicate mental fatigue.
- Immunity: It strengthens the immune system because it contains antimicrobial lipids, lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, which have antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. The human body converts lauric acid into monolaurin, which study has supported as an effectual way to deal with viruses and bacteria that cause diseases like herpes, influenza, cytomegalovirus, and even HIV. Coconut oil helps in combating harmful bacteria like listeria monocytogenes and helicobacter pylori, and harmful protozoa such as giardia lamblia.