Water is essential for our survival and we should have access to clean water for our everyday activities. When you talk regarding drinking water, you require being extra cautious. Today most of us drink mineral water or the one from the RO purifier and store it in plastic bottles.
In olden times everyone used to drink from the clay pot or earthen pot and they were a way lot healthier than us. Drinking water from a clay pot or matka has a lot of health benefits to proffer. Matka water is healthier than the one stored in steel, plastic and glass containers.
So here are some benefits of drinking water from Clay Pot:
- Cooling water: We all remember the good old days when we would drink water stored in the Matkas. Researchers claim that storing water in a clay water pot is the finest way. Clay pots not only cool the water down, they also offer healing with the elements of earth. Most considerably, clay pots transfer the chill to the water based on the climate. This quality of matka is unique.
- Gentle on the Throat: Remember the summer vacations, when we came back from the park subsequent to nice game of football or hopscotch. Mum or Grandma would insist on drinking water from the Matka slightly than the fridge. Even though we never knew why, one of the reasons could have been to avoid sunstroke. And the other reason could have been that the sudden temperature change could make us sick.
- Porous: Clay is porous. In the similar way, a clay pot is also porous. When you store water in matka, the evaporation happens. This process grounds cooling as water particles gain energy in the form of heat, then change to gas and get mixed with air. A clay pot has small holes visible at the microscopic level during which water seeps out and gains energy to become gas and gets evaporated causing cooling. Heat and moisture circulate all through the pot.
- Improves Metabolism And Virility: Drinking the right amount of water daily can help us increases metabolism. We typically store water in plastic containers, without realizing that there are damaging chemicals like BPA (Bisphenol A) in plastic that cling onto the water molecules and pose a health hazard. Instead, drinking water from matka can help advance metabolism without dangerous chemicals like BPA added to the fray. Drinking water from a clay pot can also help maintain a level of testosterone in your body, as opposed to plastic, which in turn lessens the amount of testosterone in our body. Clay water tastes natural, agreeably chilled and also helps recover metabolism and virility.
- Alkaline: Another advantage of clay water pots is the alkaline nature of clay. The alkaline clay interrelates with the acidity of water and offers the proper pH balance. This water can help curb acidity and in turn provides relief from gastronomic pains. This nature of clay is quite useful and is one of the few well-documented benefits of drinking water from an earthen pot. When acidic food like meat or milk is cooked in an earthen pot, the clay helps to neutralize the overly acidic qualities of food as well.