Dull colour of the skin in the armpits area is typically not a sickness or medicinal condition. Dark armpits can be considered as the skin’s reaction to exposure to specific elements, like a suntan that outcomes from exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
Some of the main reasons of dark armpits are shaving, regular use of hair removing creams, excessive sweating, poor ventilation of underarms, aggregation of dead skin cells, and utilisation of liquor based deodorants and antiperspirants. You can easily get rid of dark armpits utilising simple and easy home remedies that are safe, effective, natural and moderate.
However, at times dark armpits may likewise be as a consequence of a medical condition that is known as acanthosis nigricans which is regularly connected with insulin resistance, obesity, hormonal disorders, certain drugs, and cancer.
If your dark armpits are caused by this condition then you should counsel a specialist for appropriate diagnosis and treatment.
1) Massage with Potato Did you know potatoes have natural bleaching properties? Oh yes, they do! Take thin slices of potatoes and massage under arms for 5-7 minutes. Rinse with water and repeat 2-3 times a week.
2) Lemon and Baking Soda Lemon is an amazing natural cleanser and mixing it with baking soda can make an outstanding scrub to get rid of dark underarms. Mix a small amount of baking soda and add fresh lemon juice and rub the scrub under your arms for 2-3 minutes. Repeat once or twice a week for best results.
3) Coconut oil Moisturizing under the arms is extremely important when trying to get rid of dark pits. Coconut oil is a great natural moisturizer that contains Vitamin E which can help lighten dark areas over time.
4) Sugar and Coconut oil scrub Removing dead skin from the under arms area is very important, as any kind of buildup can cause the area to appear dark. Mix a tea spoon of sugar with a small amount of coconut oil and apply under the arms. Scrub for a few seconds and wash away.
5) Wax Ok, so this isn’t technically a ‘natural remedy’ but it definitely works! Waxing gets rid of all the hair from the root and pulls away any dead skin! Switch to waxing to instantly lighten them.